10.09.2013

do what you love {day 9 of 31}

This entry is taken from a recent entry on my photography blog because I feel like it's incredibly relevant to fully experiencing a greener, happier & healthier life: 



When we returned to NC, I decided it was time to stop ignoring what fills my soul with happiness.

I re-launched my photography site, designed & printed new business cards & began seeking God daily – circling Him with prayers, asking Him to show me if photography is something I should continue to invest my heart/time/money into. After weeks of the same morning prayers, new opportunities have been appearing out of nowhere!

I have learned that it is absolutely vital to utilize your passions, gifts & talents.  By walking away from photography, I essentially took a part of my heart and laid it to rest. I could spend six hours taking and/or editing photos & not even realize more than 15 minutes have passed; I get excited daydreaming about shoot ideas and am inspired by reading hours upon hours of photography blogs/websites... it’s what makes my soul soar.
  
In short: if you’re not doing what you love, then you will certainly not love what you do... And you will, therefore, not be living a greener & healthier & happier, life!

>>> What do YOU love to do that makes your soul happy?
Are you making enough room in the margins of your life to pursue these things?
If not, find a way to make time & start doing it... As I always say, it is so worth it!

2 comments:

  1. My soul likes to sew....where's your fabric? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been meaning to call you!!! You will not believe all that's been happening in my life the past three weeks.

    ReplyDelete